Honestly the amount of times I have rewatched Titanic 1997 (directed by James Cameron) is INSANE. I fear I'm going back to my titanic hyperfixation with how much detail James Cameron put into this. Personally I would rate it a 4/5 because of the way that Cameron treated the actors in the film (that must have been so scary wtf) and how even though it was considered very accurate historically at that time, now its still considered outdated (theres literally a hallway that Jack and Rose walks through that doesn't actually exist lmfao), but there is honestly so much detail that is put into this film.
!!!! SPOILERS AHEAD SPOILERS AHEAD !!!! SPOILERS AHEAD SPOILERS AHEAD !!!!
Like, the movie itself if you cut out the scenes without old rose, (and sadly without the deleted scenes) the film length is the EXACT length that it took for the Titanic to sank, and when you look at the clock at the end it says 2:20. ..and 2:20am is the EXACT TIME that the Titanic sank. James Cameron is like one of the directors that inspires me the most whenever I do a theatre piece with the amount of time and detail he puts into everything, from Fredrick Barrett cutting the falls away when Lifeboat number 13 was being sent down to prevent it from crushing Lifeboat number 15 (the one he was on) and capsizing both boats, to the fact that in a deleted scene, Officer Harold Lowe found Fang Lang and Fang Lang wasn't speaking in chinese but actually CANTONESE.
But honestly one thing that I was really sad about is that they had so much important information that was cut from deleted scenes, like the SS Californian sending Ice warning links multiple times to the RMS Titanic yet the Titanic refused to listen, To the deleted scene with the upturned Collapsible B where it held the well known survivors: Officer Lightroller (the controversial one that only let women and children into the boats), Gracie, Bride and Joughin. Like I wish that there was versions with all of the deleted scenes inside the movie itself and that they expanded more on the actual incident instead of Jack and Rose (to be honest I didn't like either LMAO, I watch it purely for the fact that I love the Titanic).
All in all, I fucking love the Titanic lol. I need more Titanic stuff, it's just the really old movie versions left >:3 (Titanic 666 sucked ass man)


No comments:
Post a Comment